Ham Salad Sandwiches
Prep: 10 min, plus chilling time.
- 1/4 lb. cooked ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. carrot, shredded
- 2 Tbs. fat-free mayonnaise, or salad dressing
- 1 egg, hard cooked, chopped
- 1 Tbs. green olives, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 slices rye bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
Combine all ingredients, except bread and lettuce, in a food processor or bowl. Season with pepper to taste and mix well. Chill thoroughly. Spread ham salad over half the bread slices. Top with lettuce and other bread slices.
Per serving: calories 240, fat 6.8g, 26% calories from fat, cholesterol 70mg, protein 15.0g, carbohydrates 28.6g, fiber 1.9g, sugar 1.6g, sodium 853mg, diet points 5.5.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 0.3, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 1.7, Lean meat: 0.5, Fat: 0.7, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 1.1
view detailed nutritional information