Rice 'n Frank Casserole
Prep: 10 min, Cook: 10 min.
- 1-1/4 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup plus 4 Tbs. onions, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces frankfurters, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 2/3 cup plus 2 Tbs. hot cooked rice
- 3-1/4 Tbs. water
- 1/3 cup plus 3 Tbs. condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2-1/2 slices American cheese
Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sauté onions 3-6 minutes until tender. Add franks and cook 2-3 minutes stirring until browned lightly. Stir in next 3 ingredients and salt and pepper to taste. Cook 4-5 minutes until heated through. Pour mixture into a buttered baking dish. Top with cheese slices. Bake 5-10 minutes until cheese melts.
Per serving: calories 267, fat 18.7g, 64% calories from fat, cholesterol 42mg, protein 9.6g, carbohydrates 14.5g, fiber 0.8g, sugar 2.4g, sodium 743mg, diet points 7.2.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 0.4, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 0.7, Lean meat: 1.2, Fat: 3.2, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0
view detailed nutritional information