Oven Roasted Vegetables
Prep: 15 min, Cook: 1:00.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 lb. rutabagas or turnips, peeled and cubed
- 1 lb. onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 lb. carrots, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 10 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tsp. sage, crumbled, or 2 Tbs. fresh, minced
- 2 tsp. rosemary, crumbled, or 2 Tbs. fresh, minced
Preheat oven to 450°F. Heat a large heavy roasting pan in oven for 15 minutes. Coat pan with half the oil and add vegetables, garlic and herbs. Drizzle remaining oil over vegetables in pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Seal tightly with aluminum foil and roast in oven 30 minutes. Remove foil and roast 15-20 minutes more, or until vegetables are tender.
Per serving: calories 255, fat 7.7g, 26% calories from fat, cholesterol 0mg, protein 5.2g, carbohydrates 44.6g, fiber 7.6g, sugar 16.9g, sodium 73mg, diet points 4.7.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 5.5, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 0.8, Lean meat: 0.0, Fat: 1.3, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0
view detailed nutritional information