Lighter Potato, Turnip, and Celery Gratin
Prep: 15 min, Cook: 40 min.
- 3 celery ribs, strings discarded, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 lb. turnip, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. potatoes, peeled, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 400°F. Layer one third of the celery in bottom of a buttered baking dish. Arrange half the turnips, half the potatoes and half the tomatoes over celery. Season with white pepper and salt to taste and half the garlic. Layer with half the remaining celery. Top with remaining turnips, potatoes and tomatoes. Season again with pepper and salt to taste and remaining garlic. Sprinkle mixture with remaining celery. Combine skim milk and stock in a mixing bowl. Pour over vegetables and sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs and Parmesan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is golden.
Per serving: calories 231, fat 4.1g, 15% calories from fat, cholesterol 10mg, protein 14.1g, carbohydrates 37.1g, fiber 4.2g, sugar 12.8g, sodium 912mg, diet points 4.6.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.5, Vegetable: 1.5, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 1.3, Lean meat: 0.6, Fat: 0.3, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0
view detailed nutritional information