Grilled Ribeye and Potato Salad Dinner
Prep: 15 min, Cook: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 lbs. red potatoes, cut into 2 inch chunks
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 4 skewers
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3-1/2 Tbs. oil cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 small lemon, peel grated, 2 tsp. juice reserved
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- 1-1/4 tsp. unseasoned meat tenderizer
- 1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
- 4 ribeye steaks, about 1/2 lb. each
Prepare grill. Place potatoes in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover pan and steam 10 minutes or until tender. Drain, transfer to a bowl and toss with oil. When cool enough to handle, thread potatoes onto skewers. Combine tomatoes, olives, lemon peel, lemon juice, parsley and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl and set aside.
Combine meat tenderizer and lemon pepper in a bowl. Rub lemon pepper mixture into both sides of steak. Grill steaks 4-5 minutes per side for medium done meat. Place skewered potatoes on grill after steaks have been cooking 5 minutes. Grill potatoes until lightly browned and heated through, turning occasionally. Arrange steaks and potatoes on plates. Spoon tomato mixture over potatoes and serve.
Per serving: calories 952, fat 43.4g, 42% calories from fat, cholesterol 286mg, protein 103.7g, carbohydrates 30.7g, fiber 3.8g, sugar 4.6g, sodium 501mg, diet points 22.4.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 0.6, Fruit: 0.1, Bread: 1.4, Lean meat: 14.3, Fat: 0.6, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0
view detailed nutritional information
The recommended wine is: Cabernet Sauvignon.