BBQ Summer Vegetables & Rice
Prep: 15 min, Marinate: 10 min, Cook: 10 min.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 3-1/2 Tbs. chopped onions, or chopped green onion
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 3/4 medium green zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 3/4 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 11 ounces fresh asparagus
- 1-1/3 cups cooked rice
Place first six ingredients in a bowl and blend thoroughly to make a marinade. Add the squash, zucchini, eggplant and asparagus to the marinade. Marinate for at least 10 minutes. Place vegetables on the grill, turning regularly and brushing with extra marinade. Cook until brown on each side. Serve over cooked rice. If desired, use part of the leftover marinade as a sauce.
Per serving: calories 165, fat 3.1g, 16% calories from fat, cholesterol 0mg, protein 5.9g, carbohydrates 31.0g, fiber 5.2g, sugar 7.2g, sodium 48mg, diet points 3.0.
Dietary Exchanges: Milk: 0.0, Vegetable: 1.9, Fruit: 0.0, Bread: 1.1, Lean meat: 0.0, Fat: 0.5, Sugar: 0.0, Very lean meat protein: 0.0
view detailed nutritional information